WordPress is one of the most popular content management systems in the world and the choice of countless bloggers and web-masters. In fact, “74.6 million sites depend on WordPress and 22 percent of new registered U.S. domains run on WordPress.” One of the most appealing features of this platform is the massive amount of plugins available, including SEO plugins. If you’re not using this to your advantage, then you’re definitely missing out. Here are some reasons why you should be using WordPress SEO plugins.
They Can Have a Big Impact on Search Rankings
By far the biggest reason is that the right plugin can accelerate your overall SEO campaign and take it to the next level. That’s because they are developed by individuals with an in depth understanding of SEO and who implement the right features to better optimize your site. For instance, some common features include
- Keyword analysis and suggestions
- Customized URL creation
- Help with meta descriptions
- Automatic meta tag generation
- XML sitemap creation
- Focus keyword features
- Social media integration
And these are just a few. Depending upon the specific plugin you use, the features can run the gamut and fulfill almost any SEO need may have. This is important because it streamlines your SEO and reminds you of anything you may have overlooked. The end result is that your law firm’s website and content should receive better rankings, which means more organic traffic.
They’re Fairly Easy to Learn
Although it may seem a little intimidating and overwhelming at first, most WordPress SEO plugins are intuitive and user-friendly. They’re developed to take the guesswork out of SEO and make your life easier. After a little experimentation, most people can figure out the basics within an hour or two. And after a few days, using a plugin becomes like second nature, and you won’t even have to think about it.
Many are Free
In most cases, you can get the basic version of a plugin for free, which is more than sufficient for giving your site an SEO boost. Most offer extras at a fee, but aren’t really necessary unless you have extensive needs. For instance, the WordPress SEO Plugin from Yoast allows you to optimize your website with one plugin, but also offers a premier plugin, video SEO plugin and local SEO plugin. If you find that you want to try out a more comprehensive version later on, you can do it. Otherwise, a basic version should be fine.
Popular WordPress SEO Plugins
- WordPress SEO Plugin from Yoast – This is probably the best one you can find pound for pound. There are plenty of features, and it’s extremely popular among website owners.
- All in One SEO Pack – This is also very popular and currently has over 21 million downloads. You get a smorgasbord of features and premium support.
- SEO Ultimate – Not as popular as the previously mentioned plugins, but still very useful. Offers over 20 different modules and incredibly comprehensive in its features.
With all of the benefits of SEO plugins, you’ve got to be a little crazy to not use one. Once you get the hang of it, you can fully optimize your website and should start seeing higher rankings and an increased traffic volume.
Latest posts by Nick Mann (see all)
- 3 Areas Brands Are Failing at With Local Optimization - March 25, 2019
- Engagement Rates of Top Social Networks - March 20, 2019
- How Web Design Affects SEO - March 18, 2019