Pay per click (PPC) advertising is a powerful Internet marketing tool that can direct targeted traffic to your website. With pay per click advertising, your carefully designed ads show up on websites and search results relevant to the services your firm offers. If someone clicks on your site, you pay a small fee to the website owner or publisher.
PPC is a cost-effective approach to online marketing because you only pay when an ad successfully drives traffic to your site. It also allows you to get your site to show up on key searches and your company’s ads to appear on some of the biggest websites on the Internet relevant to your industry. However, for a pay per click ad campaign to be successful, you need to know the ins-and-outs of how this type of marketing works.
How Does Pay Per Click Work
With pay per click advertising, you create a great ad that is designed to drive customers to your website and/or to build recognition of your brand. There are different options for what you can do with PPC ads:
- The ads can be listed as sponsored links when someone conducts a keyword search using Google or other search engines.
- Pay per click advertising systems like Google AdWords make it possible for ads to appear on a huge network of participating websites. The sites are chosen based on the subject matter and targeted keywords.
When you create an ad, you set a predetermined amount of money for how much you will pay each time someone clicks on the ad. The amount you will need to pay in order for your ad to display is based on different variables including the geographic location, the targeted keyword, and whether you are participating in a flat-rate or bid-based PPC ad program.
Every time someone clicks on the ad and goes to your website, you pay the pre-determined amount for the click. You get the benefit of this new traffic to your site, and the visitors may turn into a clint or may remember your site and refer others.
Benefits of Pay Per Click Advertising
Pay per click advertising has major benefits for firms looking to generate more traffic or to increase awareness of their firm’s brand.
- PPC campaigns can work quickly and be successful in a short period of time. Both Social Media Marketing and SEO can get results, but it takes more time building up great content and a network of followers. PPC can bring more people to your website much more quickly. If you’re looking to build a strong client list in a hurry, PPC may be just what you are looking for.
- Pay per click campaigns are highly customizable. You have control over where your ads appear and who sees them, so you can make sure that they are displayed to a target audience who has a genuine interest in your firm. You can also spend as much or as little as you want on the ad campaign.
Today, the Internet is the go-to place for people who need a lawyer. PPC can help you to increase the chances that your firm is the one they’ll find when they look up information about a relevant legal issue.
Creating a Pay Per Click Ad Campaign
While a PPC campaign can be really effective, it needs to be done right. Best Legal Practices can help you to develop an effective pay per click campaign that helps you get the results you are looking for.
Our Internet marketing experts have advanced knowledge of how to optimize and fine-tune PPC ads to maximize conversions and help ensure your ads are successful at building your brand. When you work with Best Legal Practices, you will be assigned an account manager who will discuss your goals and marketing needs, get your input, and help you decide on the best course of action. Some of the different areas where we’ll focus attention include:
- Determining the demographic you want to reach
- Developing a spending plan for a PPC campaign
- Defining and fine-tuning the goals of your pay per click ads
Whether you already have a PPC marketing program you want to improve or you are starting from scratch, Best Legal Practices can provide the help you need to take your campaign to the next level. Your PPC campaign will be custom-tailored to your law firm to maximize the chances of getting the best results and our team of marketing professionals will work along side your account manager to ensure your goals are met.
To learn more about how we can help you accelerate your marketing, give us a call today.