Video marketing is a medium that more and more legal marketers are using to generate leads, build trust and work prospects through the sales funnel. But just how big is it in 2017? Here are some interesting statistics provided by HubSpot that will give you a nice snapshot of the state of video marketing.
Video and Consumers
When you really break it all down, you can measure the effectiveness of a marketing technique by how receptive consumers are to it. According to HubSpot:
- 79 percent of consumers say they’d rather watch a video to learn about a product than read text on a page — up from 69 percent twelve months ago.
- 91 percent have watched an explainer video — a short, elevator pitch-style introduction to a product or service.
- An enormous 84 percent said that they’d been convinced to make a purchase after watching a brand’s video.
So what does this tell us?
It tells us that nearly four out of five people would prefer to learn about your law firm’s services by watching a video rather than reading through traditional copy. There’s something about watching a video that really connects the dots for people and quickly informs them in a way that text cannot. With 84 percent of people converting after watching a video, it can be an incredibly effective way to get your leads to take action and contact your firm.
Reaching Your Goals
HubSpot also provides some great statistics that show how video helps many businesses reach their goals and educate consumers.
- An almost unanimous 97 percent said that video had helped them increase user understanding of their product or service.
- 81 percent linked it to a direct increase in sales.
- 76 percent felt that video had increased traffic to their website.
- Over half (53 percent) said video had helped them decreased support call volume.
- 83 percent felt that, overall, video gave them a good ROI.
Introducing the members of your law firm and explaining your services are two critical elements. You need to let prospects know that you’re knowledgeable, credible and trustworthy. You also need to quickly highlight your legal services and touch on any unique policies you may have.
The fact that 97 percent of businesses said that video helped increase user understanding is remarkable and shows just how potent video can be. And with 81 percent linking it directly to increased sales, this shows that video gets results and in a big way.
Increased Video Adoption
Last but not least, HubSpot offers two more telling stats.
- 99 percent of businesses currently using video reported that they plan to continue into 2017.
- 34 percent of those currently not invested in video plan to start during the coming year.
This lets us know that those who are already using it like what they see, and over a third of businesses will be incorporating video marketing into their marketing strategy in 2017.
If you’ve been on the fence about video marketing, this data is tangible proof of its potency. There’s arguably never been a better time to experiment with video marketing than right now. It’s also never been easier to get your videos seen by a wide audience via networks like YouTube and Facebook.
Latest posts by Nick Mann (see all)
- How Social Responsibility Can Increase Your Law Firm’s Perceived Value - February 20, 2019
- What Motivates Users to Engage with Social Media Content? - February 18, 2019
- What Visitors Want Most in Website Usability - February 13, 2019