“55 percent of visitors spend less than 15 seconds on your site,” according to HubSpot. The clock is ticking, and you’ve only got a small window to grab a prospect’s attention. Not only that, you need to seamlessly get your point across and fill prospects in on what your legal services entail.
One way that modern law firms are succeeding at this is featuring an explainer video on their homepage.
What’s an Explainer Video?
Yum Yum Videos defines it as, “A short (often animated) video that focuses on explaining a business idea in a simple, engaging and compelling way, by using a clear and concise language; appealing and attractive visuals that quickly grab the viewer’s attention. It’s both informational and educational, generally it explains what the company offers, how it can help the customers with their problem and why that product/service is the best option in the market.”
This is one of the quickest and most efficient ways to get potential clients up to speed on:
- Who you are
- What you’re all about
- Which areas of law you specialize in
- How you can help your clients
- What differentiates your practice from other competitors in your area
For an example, check out this personal injury explainer video from Joye Law Firm.
The beauty of this medium lies in its simplicity and personal approach. It’s the perfect way to create a one-on-one connection and quickly fill prospects in on the advantages of hiring your law firm to handle their case.
And as research from Wyzowl has discovered, this form of content offers some tremendous benefits.
- 93 percent of businesses who use an explainer video believe that it has increased user understanding of their product or service.
- 83 percent say their home page explainer video is effective.
- 36 percent of businesses believe that they’ve received less support queries as a result.
- 72 percent of businesses who use video believe that it has improved the conversion rate of their website.
- 64 percent of businesses believe that it has directly led to increased sales.
How to Create Your Own Explainer Video
There are two ways to go about it. One is to use software to make your own. If you or one of your staff members is proficient at design and animation, this is the way to go, and it’s not as difficult as you may think. This resource from WowMakers highlights 10 types of software that are available – many of which are free.
The other option is to hire professionals via a service like Yum Yum Videos. You will provide them with details regarding your specifications, what you want included, the message, tone, etc., and they will handle the entire process for you. If design and animation aren’t your forte, this is probably your best bet.
Although explainer videos can be beneficial to companies in many industries, they’re especially useful for law firms who often have complicated offerings that your average person may not fully understand. Creating your own explainer video is the perfect way to succinctly and concisely get your point across and ensure that you’re on the same page with your leads right from the get-go.
Not only does this increase understanding, you should receive less support queries and boost your conversion rate.
Latest posts by Nick Mann (see all)
- How to Stabilize Your Traffic Even with Algorithm Changes - June 26, 2019
- Instagram Engagement Best Practices in 2019 - June 24, 2019
- The Most Critical YouTube Metrics - June 19, 2019