Many attorneys who blog as part of their law firm Internet marketing do so using the WordPress platform. If you are one of the attorneys who uses WordPress for your blogging, these 5 Essential WordPress Tips for Beginners from Mashable may help to make blogging easier and more effective than ever.
- You can schedule blog posts to publish in the future. This makes it easier for you to always keep the content on your blog fresh without having to sign in to post once a day or multiple times a week.
- You can change the URL of your pages or posts. This can help you to improve search engine optimization as you can make sure your post and page URLs have good keyword use and don’t contain special characters that could create challenges for search engines.
- You can spell check your content and strip formatting right from within the WordPress editor. This is important to make sure your blog post looks professional and doesn’t contain errors.
- It is easy to embed tweets, videos and multi-media in the WordPress platform. This can make your blog more engaging to readers.
- You can change the author within the WordPress editing platform. If you have multiple attorneys or writers for your firm blog, this is very useful since each attorney or writing can have his or her own byline.
By following the instructions at Mashable on how to do these different things in WordPress, you can take your law firm marketing to the next level by having a better and more engaging blog.